[Travel] Busy Town of Saigon, Vietnam.

by - Thursday, June 11, 2015



Early May, 2015 – I was going to Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam for 4 days 3 nights with my lovely parents after I was back from Seoul, Korea on end of April, 2015. It’s my third vacation as free and easy traveler on half year in 2015. We rested at the Windsor Plaza Hotel, Ho Chi Minh.

Me & My Dad at Roof Top Windsor Plaza Hotel
Me & My Mama at lobby Windsor Plaza Hotel, Ho Chi Minh.
Main Door Windsor Plaza Hotel
Windsor Plaza Hotel, Ho Chi Minh is among the 4 star hotel in Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam and their service is excellent. I received an executive room along me stay at the Windsor Plaza Hotel. The room is quite nice and big for 3 persons.

Our Executive Room
Picture with Windsor Plaza Hotel's Staffs.
Even this hotel quite far from Ben Thanh Market but they're provided the free bus shuttle for their customers in every 1 hour, based on their schedule. I like to stay this hotel again when I am going to Ho Chi Minh soon or possibly for next year.

Main Road of Ben Thanh Market
Famous screen at Ho Chi Minh, the phone wires.
The View of Ho Chi Minh City from Roof Top Windsor Plaza Hotel.
Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam knows as Saigon, Vietnam in long time ago, and then when you hear about Saigon, it’s the same place but I like to call Saigon. I think nowadays in Malaysia – mostly Malaysian will thinks about Saigon is Vietnam Silk because in Saigon, it’s famous with cheaper and better quality silk especially when shopping at Ben Thanh Market. Almost Vietnam people at Ben Thanh Market area can speak Malay and English, so it’s comfortable to communicate with them for buying something. Sometime, I feel like I at Malay Village during the shopping at there.

Me & Mama at Ben Thanh Market
Souvenir at Ben Thanh Market 
Souvenir at Ben Thanh Market 
Yes, there has a lot of beautiful silk with cheaper price and good quality that you are free to choose. For me, I like to buy silk at Ben Thanh Market because I have many choice of silk’s design rather than Chinese Town even to compare the price is a little bit cheaper than Ben Thanh Market.

Flowers at Ben Thanh Market
Silk at Ben Thanh Market
Dress, finish in 1 day only
At the same time, Saigon also famous with 1 day tailor – which mean is your clothes can finish in 1 day only with cheaper price too. It’s great for travelers like we’re. I try it, and I like the result so after this I’ll go there for buy “Baju Raya”.

Muslim Restaurant at Ben Thanh Market area
Muslim Restaurant at Ben Thanh Market area
If Muslim travelers, you don’t so worried about halal foods when travelling to Saigon because you can eat halal meals at restaurants around Ben Thanh Market. There have a lot of restaurant halal at Ben Thanh Market, just choose which one you like to eat but let’s me remind you that price of halal meals at Saigon is quite expensive rather than Kuala Lumpur.

The Trusted Meter Taxi at Ho Chi Minh
Most things that I never seen in my lifetime is the busiest town with a lot of motorcycles on the road even it’s busy with motorcycles but the percentage of incidents in Saigon is low and it’s safe. They say we’re safe to cross the road with a batch of motorcycles, and I try it – for me its look quite dangerous when look so many motorcycles around you but its still safe cross the road.


Not be so surprises, now in Saigon have a lot of Korean Brand shop even from skincare shop until Korean café too and some of Korean Brand shop in Saigon is not yet open in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.



I also get chance to visit some places like English Town on another side at Saigon, Vietnam – which is near by Ben Thanh Market. Generally, English Town is special for richer peoples because it’s have a lot of 5 stars hotel and above; and branded shopping mall too. I like to shopping there because their have new arrival collection design based on overseas market; yet thought that collection not yet come in to Kuala Lumpur and the price is same in Kuala Lumpur.

You May Also Like

0 comments