[Travel] Joyful Trip to Japan in Autumn, 2016 (Day 1)

by - Thursday, January 12, 2017



Before I start telling the stories about my trip to Japan with my sister on last year, I would like to apologize first because I'm late to post the story about this trip. Many things happened lately, so I take the time to come back again and now here I'm. 


As you guys know, I already post about [Lifestyle] Let's Explore Japan in Autumn, 2016 on 1st November 2016. I just give some hints about the travel date, places (in general), and the airlines. This time, I will tell my experience travel to Japan as free and easy with my sister within 11 days 9 nights. Generally, I also post the cost of my trip before this in [Travel] Trip to Japan in 11 Days 9 Nights – Just below of RM 5,505. So you guys can check it on that post.



Let's begin my travelogue episode 1 (03 - 04 November 2016 - Thursday & Friday) about my trip to Japan with my sister. We're the flight from Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA) to Kansai International Airport, Osaka, Japan on 3rd November 2016 at 23:50 (MST) by Malaysia Airlines. The duration journey from Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA) to Kansai International Airport, Osaka, Japan is around 6 hours 50 minutes. This plane is quite big too and the seating arrangement is 2 – 4 – 2. Our flight no. is MH 052 (KUL/KIX).



Around 2 hours flight, the cabin crews serve to us the refreshment meals, which is I choose the mushrooms pie with black coffee. Since our flight to Osaka, Japan during night time, I try my best to get the beautiful sleep on the plane but it's difficult until I think I get the jetlag. It makes me feel not well and headache on the first day I arrival at Osaka, Japan.


Most of the time on the plane, I just watch the latest movies. The cabin crews were serves the breakfast to us, before 2 hours landing at the Kansai International Airport Osaka, Japan. I choose the breakfast of chickens Teriyaki with rice and soba with an apple juice. 



We've arrived at Kansai International Airport Osaka, Japan on around 06:40 am (JST). The different time between Malaysia and Japan is just early 1 hour from Malaysia. We take the airport train to go the immigration counters.


After all, things are done, we go straight to JTB (Japan Travel Bureau) counter at the airport. We brought the 3 Days Kansai Thru Pass (JPY 5,200), and Universal Studio Japan (USJ) 1 Day Pass (JPY 7,400). Then we're also brought the ICOCA card (JPY 2,000) plus top up the card (JPY 10,000) and Sagano Romantic Train ticket with the reserved seat (JPY 620) at the JR office at the subway Kansai Airport Station.



I know during the trip at Japan, its have so many passes especially related with subway and JR Pass. Sometimes, I also confuse about it. My advice in here for who want to travel to Japan soon, it is better you plan well your trip if you choose to go there by free and easy. So you will know which the train pass that you have to buy that suit for your trip. If you plan to buy the JR Pass, better you buy it at the Travel Agents on your country – it's the little bit cheaper rather than you buy it when you arrive in Japan because it has special price for tourist.



On this trip I was been chosen to use the 3 Days Kansai Thru Pass because it's cheaper than JR Pass so when I have to use the JR Train along my trip, I can use the ICOCA Card. That why I bought it at the airport. The ICOCA Card is the almost same concept with Touch and Go Card in Malaysia. It's easy to use and also top up the card too. 




Actually, if you have the PASMO Card before this – you can use it during the trip around Kansai areas. It's the same concept too. Normally, the ICOCA Card is sold at the Kansai areas but its can use anywhere around Japan. It's same with PASMO Card too. The PASMO Card is selling at Tokyo area. The different card is the card's name of the company but both of it can use anywhere around Japan. Normally, the card expired is after 10 years you buy it. So before you want to use the card, it is better you check first with the officer in Japan. 



Then, we take the train from Kansai Airport Station and we go straight to our hostel that located at Shin-Osaka Station. It's taking around 1 hour 40 minutes journey since we carry our heavy luggage. We stay at Shin-Osaka Youth Hostel for 5 days 4 nights only. After we've done make check-in register and also make the payment, then we start our journey to Japan at Nara. 




Our motif is to go Nara Park (奈良公園). Nara Park is a public park located in the city of Nara, Japan (at the foot of Mount Wakakusa). It's established in the 1300s and one of the oldest parks in Japan. My favorite part about Nara Park is the deer. Over 1,200 wild sika deer (シカ or 鹿 Shika) is freely roaming around the park. 




Anywhere you can see a lot of deer when you walking on the way to go the Nara Park after come out from the Nara Station. Even the deer cross the road. The journey from Nara Station to Nara Park is taken about 40 minutes by walk. 



Hello! Did you take nice picture of me?

To me, the deer around Nara Park is very benign – especially when I give the special biscuit to them. For sure, some of the deer will run over you. On that moment, I have romantic and fun time with all the deer – play and run together around the park. It's awesome. I still can laugh and happy when I flashback the memories during at Nara Park with the deer.



Hello! Yes, me selfie with cute deer. 


This is the special deer biscuit. Sorry, I don't take the actaul biscuit after I bought it. Just a last piece of it.

I don't know what's the name of the special deer biscuit that sells around the Nara Park but you can buy it, and then try to give it to the deer. For sure, some of them will run to you. The price is about 150 yen per set, like have about 5 – 7 piece of the biscuit. My advice is better you hiding the biscuit after you buy it and try not to show to the deer first. Then, you looking the nice spot to take the picture with the deer and show the biscuit after that. If you show early, I'm sure you have to run around the Nara Park with all the deer and you will not get the beautiful picture of it. 


We're selfie with deer but on their back. Hihihi


The half day tour at Nara Park is not enough to me but what can I do? Our itinerary is pack so our time is limited too. Like I take reminder here, during the trip to Japan on the autumn season I do not notice early that night time is come out so early – like around 5 pm is already sunset so if you want to take the beautiful outdoor picture is better to do before that. Most of the shop at Japan is close around 8 pm too. I think better plan your journey on the early morning, it's much better.




After the tour at Nara Park, we straight were going back the hotel for rest. To me, I need to have beautiful sleep since I have jetlag and I can't sleep on the plane. 



The wanted drink when I arrived at Japan is Van Houten Cocoa, it's same like I when to Korea too – the wanted drink in Korea is Banana Milk. I recommend trying to taste the Van Houten Cocoa when you go to Japan. It's delicious. 

Here, the link to the continue stories about Joyful Trip to Japan in Autumn, 2016 – Day 2, Day 3, Day 4, Day 5, Day 6, Day 7, Day 8, Day 9, and Day 10.

P/S: A few of the photos is the credit to my sister.

You May Also Like

0 comments