[Travel] Joyful Trip to Japan in Autumn, 2016 (Day 2)

by - Sunday, January 15, 2017



This is the second episode of my travelogue in Japan with my sister. Did you guys read my previous episode 1 of my travelogue about how excited we travel to Osaka and Nara, Japan on the first day? Maybe on the first day, we're not really feeling how to get lost at stranger place but on the second day, we're really got lost in Osaka, Japan. It is the funny part in this trip. Soon, I will tell this part of the story. Let's begin my travelogue episode 2 (05 November 2016 - Saturday) about my trip to Japan with my sister.


On an early morning, we are ready to explore Kyoto, Japan. On the way we went to Shin-Osaka Station, we saw the morning market just beside the station. Everything they sell at the morning market but we just pass by, since we need to go Kyoto.


Just on half day tour only and we start to use 3 Days Kansai Thru Pass. This journey is taken around 1 hour 40 minutes from Shin-Osaka Station to Arashiyama Station with like 3 times transfer using Hankyu Line, Hankyu Kyoto Line, and Randen Arashiyama Line.

The first time, I using the 3 Days Kansai Thru Pass – I feel like everything is free but, yes. Of course, this pass's price is including all the expenses of this train fare. For me, it's cheaper and I can try many types of the train around Kansai area just by use the 3 Days Kansai Thru Pass. I like it so much.



When we arrive at Kyoto area, we are straight walking to the Kimono Rental Yume Kyoto Shop that location at Arashiyama, Kyoto area. It's a unique experience to me for the first time trying the full set of the Kimono but someone Japanese say it is as Yukata. I don't know well about this Japanese Traditional Dress.


Overall, I love it. Even on the first 1 hour, I wear this dress, I feel weird and hard to walk around the town with this dress. My sister and I are not kinds of polite girl. What do I mean is like slow walking? We are like the kind of walking fast girl, sometimes. I think this dress is really training me well to be like a Japanese girl. This Kimono rental price is JPY 8,320 (include hair style). But my sister is cheaper than me, maybe like around JPY 4,500. Before I forget, we make the simple reservation on their website of Kimono rental like 2 weeks before we flight to Japan.

Actually, we're a little bit late for our next location. Mostly, our schedule is up and down – always make the change because of our time and some situations. Anyway, we're can make it well our trip in Japan.


Our next location is Sagano Romantic Train. We are the ride from Saga Torokko Station to Kameoka Torokko Station. It's taken around 25 minute's journey. Our ticket price id JPY 620 with a reserved seat but I don't remember how much the price without the reserved seat.




The Sagano Romantic Train is the journey of nature. When we are riding this train, we are enjoying the beautiful nature scenery of Kyoto such like the river, mountain, and woods. I feel so close to the nature. Among the station are Saga Torokko Station, Arashiyama Torokko Station, Hazukyo Torokko Station, and Kameoka Torokko Station.




Some tips, if you have planning to ride the Sagano Romantic Train. Better you went on weekdays rather than weekend and also buy the ticket early. Its have many tourist and customers on weekend. Sometimes, the queue on the ticket counter is long too. We are riding the Sagano Romantic Train on weekend so I have a little bit disappointed when I can't get the beautiful photos in the train like I imagine before this. It's okay, as long I can get the beautiful memories of the nature Kyoto.





We go out at the Kameoka Torokko Station. These areas have paddy field, mountain, and river. Everything is clean and fresh. We try some of the chestnuts too. The owner is so kind hearted to us. He gives to us the extra chestnuts and also takes some pictures with it.



Then we were walking to the Umahori Station (JR San-In Line/ Sagano Line) like around 10 minutes from Kameoka Torokko Station. We stop at Saga-Arashiyama Station. The train fare is JPY 200.


Next, our mission is Arashiyama Bamboo Grove. The Arashiyama Bamboo Grove is one of Kyoto's top sights and for good reason: standing amid these soaring stalks of bamboo is like being in another world.



This place like have the huge place with bamboo grove path. At the same time, it also has a huge of people too. It's like the new experience and unique to me. I appreciate that most of tourist and Japanese people do when we are trying our best to take the beautiful photos at Arashiyama Bamboo Grove. Most of them are stop around us until we are done. They have understood it and we also do the same thing too like them. Just respect to each other.



Nicely, we make Japanese friends at Kyoto, Japan. They are so nice and friendly. Even it is just in short time, but I feel like be close to them. Hope we will meet them soon.



Just we have a half day tour at Kyoto, Japan. We have to return back our Kimono rental before we are going back to Osaka, Japan to our next destination. But before that, I can't miss trying the Matcha Ice-cream (Green Tea Ice-cream) at Kyoto, Japan. Actually, it has several shops sell the Matcha Ice-cream along the road of Kyoto, Japan. Most of it, the price is around JPY 300. If you are lucky, you will find the cheaper one like JPY 200. But the price we are paying is JPY 300. It's still delicious.


Since we do not yet take lunch, then we are planning to go Kani Doraku Restaurant that famous sell the variety of crabs around Japan. This is the funny part begin. We don't know the actual location of this restaurant. We just know this restaurant at Umeda area, so we try to use Google map but it looks useless when our Google map can't working properly. We keep walking around in the same place like 40 minutes – we walking cross the road and the mall but still we can't find it until I make the decide to walk further from the mall. Lucky, my sister knows to read Japanese so finally we find the restaurant.


Some tips in here – when you are planning to find a new place or building like restaurant, better you Google the map before your flight to Japan. Along with my trips to Japan, Google Map is like so useless. The only way to find the place is asking the Japanese people about the place with the show the address in Japanese. I'm sure they will happy to help you – like me and my sister at Japan.



This is our dinner at Kani Doraku Restaurant. We try 3 types of cook's crabs, which are grilled crabs, sashimi crabs, and boil crabs. Anyway, I don't know what the actual menu name of this, because it's write in Japanese. This price is JPY 7,012. Yes, this meal is quite expensive but it's delicious. One of the meals, we should try when the trip to Japan is done.





After dinner, we take long walking to Umeda Sky Building from Kani Doraku Restaurant. Actually, we just follow the direction from the Umeda Sky Building and our heart feeling plus Google Map. Again~ we try our best to take the best shot of Umeda Sky Building with my sister. When we think back the behind of scenes, I'm sure we will laugh hard again.




We spend like 30 minutes at Umeda Sky Building before we're going back to the hostel. This is the itinerary of the second day in this trip. Even it does not have many places but the journey is quite far for each other. That why I easy feel tired.

Here, the link to the continue stories about Joyful Trip to Japan in Autumn, 2016 – Day 1, Day 3, Day 4, Day 5, Day 6, Day 7, Day 8, Day 9, and Day 10.

P/S: A few of the photos is the credit to my sister.

You May Also Like

0 comments